I can happily manage the odd chameleon or skink who feels it can nip into my house while it happens to be passing; I can just about cope with the weird, jumping mini-cockroach-type-insects that periodically invade my bathroom, but I cannot be doing with bats in my house! Came home from boarding house duty on Wednesday night, stepped into the living room, locking the door behind me, and found I'd locked myself in with a bat. To be honest, I did scream and did go next door (after fumbling in a panic to get out again) to enlist help. My neighbour was far more sensible; when it flew onto her shoulder she simply walked out and shook it off. All was well.... until I was woken at 6am next morning by another bat fluttering round my bed. Heck, no. Not my thing at all.
They were coming down the chimney, so I now block off the fire when it is not in use. Whatever next? There is an eagle owl, a crested eagle and a serval cat in the grounds... perhaps they would like house room? No photos today - should have got one of the bat on Shirley's shoulder, but I was being disappointingly girly.
No comments:
Post a Comment