| Goliath heron |
Since the last posting I have been back to Island Camp, with Lyn this time. It was just as lovely on the second visit and I have the feeling I'll be going there a few more times before I leave Turi. We had a very relaxing couple of days enjoying the peace and the birds, swimming in the pool and going on the early morning boat trip. An interesting party of 13 arrived just before we left. Their agenda involved no peace or birds, but instead large quantities of Tusker, noise and speed boats - glad not to have overlapped with them for long.
It's now Lyn's last day - she's off back to England this afternoon and staff meetings begin here soon afterwards. It will be very strange to revert to term-time Turi after this, but the transition will happen quickly; the children return on Sunday filling the school with their hustle and bustle, routines will be back in place and the days will be punctuated by bells again. Better get some preparation done!
No comments:
Post a Comment